james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have seriously disabled daughter who is nineteen year old.

Customer Question

I have seriously disabled daughter who is nineteen year old. She has another two years of further education, her father wants to stop maintenance. What it s the legal situation, I am on income support, can you please advise me.
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No not yet we thought we
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: No not yet we thought we would seek some advice
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Expert:  james bruce replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

You’re normally expected to pay child maintenance until your child is 16, or until they’re 20 if they’re in school or college full time doing A-levels, Highers or Equivalent.

So if your daughter is studying any of those, then the father must continue support until she is 20.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.