Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Can I take early retirement and get voluntary redundancy at

Customer Question

Can I take early retirement and get voluntary redundancy at the same time.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No just making queries if it is possible to have voluntary redundancy with early retirement packages.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am employee working 3.5 hours a week.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just that question thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

What would you get from the employer in early retirement? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with the following general response, which will hopefully still answer your query. Early retirement is not determined by your employer. You can retire at any age but your rights afterwards depend on your State Pension Age (in relation to when you can draw your State Pension) and also the policy terms of any pension scheme you have and what it states about when you can start drawing your pension.

You could therefore take early retirement and also voluntary redundancy at the same time as the two are not dependent on each other.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.