12826847

I have a bet on Donald J Trump and officially Biden winning

Customer Question

I have a bet on Donald J Trump and officially Biden winning hasn't been called out..yet Ladbrokes took my money before a final result and all the votes and legal proceedings were done...I want to sue them
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk]
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am being defrauded without a clear result
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

All the states have yet to officially declare their results. There may be reciting taking place. Although Biden has claimed victory, if proposed law suites take place and until all results are officially declared there is no legal obligation on any Bookies to pay out.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what you are telling me ..they lie..and you are unable to do your job...I thought you went to school for a reason.

Once all states have finally finished counting and formally announce the results then the Bookies should pay out.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
but bookies already took my money before official outcome...it is not pending..it is lost. Can you do your job as a lawyer or should I go somewhere else to look for a real lawyer.

Bookies will take your bet before the outcome, that is the idea of betting, you don't bet after the outcome.

Once the results are finished, is the person you backed wins then the Bookies would pay you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I bet 6 days before the event, yet you seem to back the bookies..What you are saying I knew already..but a real lawyer might say that is illegal.

Sorry you feel that way. I am a real lawyer, and have given you the current legal state of things. I am very sorry if what you are told you do not like, but as a lawyer I have to tell the facts not just what someone wants to hear, sorry.

I am not backing anybody, what I have said is you made you bet before the election. That is correct. You cannot bet after something has taken place.

Once the FULL results are in from all States and they have officially declared the winner then if your choice wins you will be paid , if you loose, you won't. But as it stands, several States have still not finished , there appears to be recounts and possible legal challenges. Until all that has finished no one would pay out. Several elections ago, one candidate came forward and announced they won, then later had to retract that after a recount.

These things happen. You will just have to wait to the end for the final outcome.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
with all that you know..you tell me that I lost before anything official was announced...maybe you should search for another job..you suck as a lawyer. fact.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
you did not assist anything..man..you went to school and wasted time...I hope no one even has you as a free lawyer..let alone pay money for it.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

The reason the original poster backed the bookies is that their actions are lawful.

I do realise this isn't the answer you want. I can either tell you what you want to hear or I can tell you the truth.

It is a matter for you really. The answer that you want is wrong.

The right answer is that the result was pending for a very long time and you bet during the time it was and unfortunately lost.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”