Mina Counsel
Mina Counsel, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister
109424057

I am the director of a letting agent. i have taken a call

Customer Question

good evening. i am the director of a letting agent. i have taken a call from the next door neighbor of a property that we rent out. its vacant at the moment with some works being done. The contractor instructed by us has been accused by the neighbor of scratching his car and threatening the neighbor with a drill whilst using abusive language. is this a matter for me to sort out or a matter for the police.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london, e3
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: jut taken the complaint from the neighbour - apologised his been in this situation and said send through a breif report and photos. i have asked the same of the contractor.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so
Expert:  Mina Counsel replied 17 days ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am a London based practising barrister with over 15 years experience. I am happy to assist you today. I may need to ask you some questions in order to determine your legal position and I will provide you with an email advice on the same day. Thank you.

There will be an automatic generated phone call offer should you wish to speak to me directly for a fixed fee with no time limit.

(Please note this is NOT always an instant chat service therefore I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. / within 24 hours if it's outside office hours.)

I am sorry to hear about the situation. If the contractor if threatening someone with his criminal behaviour, it is definitely a matter for the police. In relation to scratching the car, it should also be the contractor's civil responsibility towards the neighbour. I do not see how you can be held liable for his actions.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
thank you that is what i thought.

You are welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.