12826847

I have today been given my notice of redundancy with the

Customer Question

I have today been given my notice of redundancy with the company advising that my termination date is the 27th November and that effective from 13th November I will not be required to attend the office - I am on annual leave from 16th November until 20th November and I feel that this is solely based on performance where do I stand
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: nt yet
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Im meeting HR tomorrow but I want legal advice to put back at them I dont think this redundancy is genuine or fair employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no performance discussions have ever been had
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

How long have you worked there for? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
i have been with the company for 10 months
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I know i am not entitled to redundancy pay as not been there long enough
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I know in the UK I have to be with the employer for a minimum of 2 years before I can claim redundancy pay and unfair dismissal but I am 100% convinced that this is not a fair or genuine redunancy