How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2662
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I would like to get some advice. Rotherham. Yeah

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I would like to get some advice
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Rotherham
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yeah
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Please explain what help you require and I can see if I am able to assist?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi it me Shakila my husband call police two weeks ago on me because we had a small issue between me and him and social worker got involved coz police reported to them and kids was sleeping and the social worker ring me and ask me if I hit him and she ask same questions to him aswll and he told her no we didn’t had fight and she was angry coz she said he called police in past aswll so it’s getting worse now I told her there was no kids involved in our argue never then she said ohhh I have to check and sea the children and talk to you then they ring me second day and said to me they social worker not getting in only support worker gonna get involved and then support worker ring me ask the situation I goes to her I don’t need any support she said she still have to do assessment until January then she will close the case
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Do u think are
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for that additional information, that will be helpfull in allowing me to advise you today.

As there has been domestic issues between you and your partner and the police have been involved before, as you have children then social services can be involved and will monitor the situation, if not for you, then to ensure the children are ok. You do not have any choice in this matter, that is what happens in domestic cases especially where the parties involved call the police. The system is there to safeguard you and the children. At least January is not far away and then if they are satisfied with everything they will close their case.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
If they not happy with the situation then are gonna take kids away or they gonna give us a option to be separated
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Also police arrested me for 2 hours then they dropped me of to me sister house after got my interview I don’t know what he told them but I told what was the truth
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
he told to social worker that I didn’t hit him and he told her that he call police before the situation get worse
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

you need to speak and instruct a local family solicitor to deal with the child issues.

Unfortunately when you have domestic issues then call the police then decide not to say anything or say nothing happened, then the police will still act as will social services.They will both put the safety of the children first.

Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

It may be helpful to instruct a local solicitor who specialises in this area of law. You can find a local firm using the Law Society website.

Once on that website, you can click on the find a solicitor option located just above the Law Society logo. Select quick search, then select the area of law required and enter your post code. A list of local firms will then be displayed.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.