Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

This amount was to pay off the outstanding and also for the

Customer Question

Hello, this amount was to pay off the outstanding and also for the ongoing usage can I make a complaint to the company the adviser tell me not one word that leaving the account with arrears will result in bad credit on the report ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Canvey Island Essex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Written a email to the company the following :
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Account Number:###-##-####
To whom this may concern,I am referring to the payment arrangement which was arranged on the 1st April 2020.I had an outstanding amount of 492.91 beginning of April 2020 and had a direct debit set up for the amount of £30 per month, this amount was to pay off the outstanding and also for the ongoing usage.I was now trying to get a very important loan and the credit check did not pass. I was very upset as I noticed the cause for this bad credit occured due to this payment arrangement mentioned and due to not paying this in full they have considered this as Status 6 as a result of 6 times missed payments up to 6 months late.This will now affect me for the next 6 years !Now, at the time this arrangement was made I was never advised and not one word mentioned that this will have a bad effect on my credit report, if I had known this before I would have never done this but just paid the outstanding amount in full immediately.I would really like you to strongly look into this case and to reverse this bad credit on my credit report.Kind Regards
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 25 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 25 days ago.

I am afraid this appears correct. If you were in arrears of £492 and this sum was due and outstanding and you were going to pay £30 a month then this could be a breach of the original agreement.

Unless it was a credit card where you could pay £30 a month and this was the minimum payment or more, regardless of whether the firm had agreed to you paying a lower sum, it will be recorded as adverse credit information.

This is because you had not adhered to the terms of your account.

You can write and make a formal complaint. They will investigate the matter and report back to you.

If they do not uphold the complaint you can then go to the Financial Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint for free at:

www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

That may resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 25 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thanks for the responseI fully appreciate and understand that the reporting is correct and accurate that wasn't really my intention,My complaint was that when this payment installment plan was arranged in April, why didn't the adviser tell me not one word that leaving the account with arrears will result in bad credit on the report ?As mentioned earlier if this would have been advised I would have for sure cleared the balance off.Kind regards
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 25 days ago.

They do not need to tell you. If you had not adhered to the terms of the agreement, they would not report it.

In the terms and conditions it does say, when you agree, they can report any adverse information.

But make a complaint, that may get you somewhere.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
To whom should I complain to ?
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 25 days ago.

Correct.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thanks a Lot for your advise . Great !!!!
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 25 days ago.

My pleasure