12826847

I am a taxi driver, I was assaulted in July, rang police,

Customer Question

Good Evening . My name is***** am a taxi driver, I was assaulted in July , rang police, they refuse to turn up or make an investigation even if I provided attacker name,address and his phone lost in my car. I have made complaints against the PC which refuse to start investigating and after three months the case was passed back to Plymouth police (DC) and the PC supervisor called me and tells me he is not allowed to search the share house where the attacker lives or search his phone,because the laws in England does not permit him to do this and my case is closed on police side . My question is : he,the Sargent is right and laws are so bad ,he is not allowed to search house and phone and arrest the attacker!? I had my lip split ,window smashed, not working more than a week and loose about £1000. Thank you.
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the assault charges?
Customer: Nothing at all, because police refuse to make any file, start any investigation or arrest the attacker.
JA: Where did the assault occur?
Customer: In Plymouth, next to police station
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Friday night
Expert:  Jo C. replied 21 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Good Evening Madame
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Sorry, I cannot talk on the phone right now, not tonight.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 21 days ago.

Thanksfor the information

The police do have powers to search in the UKbut they cannot just use them without reasonable suspicion that they will findsomething relevant to the allegation.

Given the nature of the allegation are notsure what a house search would achieve.

They also cannot do it unless the person isalready under suspicion. I don't know why they have refused to start thisinvestigation. There are authorities that require them to consider everycomplaint. That does not mean they have to launch a full scale investigation orprosecution though .

But if they have rejected this at theinvestigation stage then they cannot just go round and search his property withoutany legal basis.

In all honesty , probably he is beingantagonistic because you complained about the police. They tend to reactextremely badly to that. But that does not mean that his actions are againstthe law I'm afraid.

Can I clarifyanything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
they are right to do nothing, this is how police working in the UK today and I cannot do nothing to find my justice?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 20 days ago.

I cannot say whether they are right or not obviously but the law does not always hold a remedy. Justice is ultimately not a right .

It is really quite a hallowed part of our constitution that dates right back to the Magna Carta as enshrined in the Human Rights Act but you cannot prosecute people without evidence and that is not going to change anytime soon.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I understand your point but unfortunately your constitution is wrong and Human Rights Act work for criminals not for victims, at least on my case . The attacker has human rights not to be searched, prosecuted and me ,as a victim I have nothing. Actually I had , face and window smashed, well done UK, very disappointed of your constitution and police . Thank you for your time and for making me understand how it works .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 20 days ago.

I cannot agree that it is wrong.

It is the basis of the entire criminal justice system across most of the advanced world and works very well.

You do actually have human rights although none of this has anything to do with human rights.

You have the same freedom from vexatious prosecutions that we all enjoy.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I keep my point up ,human rights this days works one way : FOR CRIMINALS ONLY! As a honest person you have nothing. Many taxi drivers have been assaulted and let down by police and justice, so where are the justice,where are our human rights? This system is totally wrong and unfortunately as you said will not gonna be changed soon .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 20 days ago.

This has nothing to do with human rights.

And anyway, human rights are mostly used by entirely different groups. Mostly disadvantaged miniorities.

The system is the best in the world which is why it has been imported to the civlised world.

The alternative is state bullying which we don't have here.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ironically, I am a minority group and being bullied and assaulted and nothing happens, so all that lies about " no discrimination, we do not tolerate hate crime or bullies, bla bla " are just nonsense. Is everything alright until you get in trouble with criminal, after is very different then stereotypes. A lot of foreigners are bullied here and nobody cares ,so you do not have state bullying but you have ignorance and lies . I grow up in Romania in communism and was a proper state bullying but on the other hand if you've been a honest citizen had no trouble and if you've been criminal had a lot of trouble. Advantages and disadvantage but communism is over democracy on criminal prosecutions. Don't get me wrong, I am not communist, I just compared criminal justice from two different systems. UK criminal justice not working very well . When I was assaulted police did not turn up and nobody is responsible for their ignorance. This morning one of my neighbours had arguments with partner and eight pc with four cars turn up . Where is the balance?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 20 days ago.

We don't do state bullying in the UK.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I did not said you do ,but bullying happen all over . Three years ago I was bullied on traffic with customers on board by two idiots who also braking highway code,I provided to Devon&Cornwall police footage proved bullying, hate crime and dangerous driving and after one month police said that cannot prosecute the registered keepers of the car because had trade insurance and denied being on the wheel that night and refused to tell the police who drove his car (100% was him) and useless police let him go without charge. Again, stereotypes and bla bla ,no action and no results . I reckon you as a solicitor have a lot of criminals as customers.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 20 days ago.

OK, all the best.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
You too .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 20 days ago.

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions.Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”