How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2665
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

If someone make a complaint and police coming at my dor with

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: If someone make a complaint and police coming at my dor with false accusations just to try to solve the complaint and get advised by them that are without a logic, where i need to ask for help
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only call the police for explanation
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is about parking on my front house, is not double yellow, more than 10 metres from junction. The police said that is obstruction the view but is false.
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
If you wish to complain about the police coming to your front door, then you first way to complain would be to the chief constables office. If that does not resolve you issue with the police calling, then you can lodge a formal complain to the Independent office for Police conduct.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I call them yesterday after i had the visit and they ask the unit that visit me to ring me. The problem is they don't have training to say if something is obstruction or not. In my front house are not double yellow or not evwn one. In England almost all roads we parking on the side off the road is true is not perfect but is about infrastructure not my problem. So if you know that how i can ask about this without getting pass to volunteer support constable. Thank you
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

The starting point regarding parking on the road in the U.K. is that there is no automatic right to do so. It is something we take for granted, but is not a legal right.
You are correct that you must be clear of a junction for 10 meters, that is one stipulation, a vehicle must also not cause an obstruction any other way.

Obviously I cannot comment on your exact location as I can not see it. If you need to get verification. Form the police or the officer, then ask for them to visit as part of a community help and then ask exactly what is the obstruction.

Whether a police office or a community support officer will call, would be down to the local station. It is their choice who to send.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.