james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My abusive ex partner is on bail.. He had 7 days after

Customer Question

My abusive ex partner is on bail.. He had 7 days after bailed to collect item by police appointment. Thats past now.. Can I know remove his items from my property ?
JA: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: He was charged.. im the victim.. He was charged with domestic abuse, criminal damage and assault I believe.. its yet to be confirmed 2 weeks later as police did not update on his release on bail to me
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: At my home
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: London
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
He is due for full trial in Feb 2021.. whats full trial mean..He had 1st hearing when arrested and went before the court..2nd full hearing in FebruaryCan I legally remove his items from my home, although I purchased his clothes.. etc.. May I remove as I dont want them her, nor wish for him to come and its over the 7 days set by bail of collection by prior police appointment.Bail conditions are not to contact directly or indirectly
Not to come or loiter near my addressAnd to sleep at address he has given of a friends each and every nightHe also currently has a probation officer who may not be aware he is no longer at my address and commited another crime and is unaware not at my address which is part of another bail condition for probation.Thank you.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
He is listed on national list of " Claires law " ive found out.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Blue panic alarm police box has been placed in my address and telephone input service
Expert:  james bruce replied 24 days ago.

m.Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
sorry to hear what has happened.

The time given to collect the items would have been set by the police, although he has not collected them, do not remove them. If you do and they are damaged or lost you can be held liable. It would be better to box everything thing up and store in a box. Then let the police officer dealing with your case know what you have done. Even if the time period was set by the court, you still have no authority to remove or destroy the items, as tempting as it may be. It could be that due to covid19 he could not get to collect them. So the police may be able to assist.

Full trial? As there has been several court hearings already, a trial date is just that. It is when the whole case is dealt with by the court. Witnesses are called to give evidence, he will give evidence then the magistrates will decide if guilty or not and if so, sentence him.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Will i need yo attend? I dont want to see him at all.. Also on collecting items as well..Will i need attend and see him on collecting items. I want the items removed from my house can I tell the officer to collect as its furthermore distressing to me.

You could ask the officers to take the items so he can pick them up, from the police station, they may do that.

Yes, when the trial takes place, then you would be a witness for the prosecution because you are the victim. You would need to give evidence in court for the prosecution and also be cross examined by the lawyers for the defence.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.