How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18806
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a serious issue which involves neighbours

This answer was rated:

I have a serious issue which involves neighbours compromising our floors and walls to hurt us. The police are involved but they are very slow to help us. I feel i m in serious danger. I can t prove it unfortunately because it s all, 'hidden'
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I m in London Borough of Barnet
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have asked council for harrassement help and been refused. The police see this as a commu ity isdue and not a crime. This is sophisticsted. As I write this there is someone under the floor booring holes usinn i thing a dentist drill or lazer to try burn me.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They use infra rex tech to watch me. This is a gang of people. We live on the ground floor in a large block. I can t move easily. I am a carer for a disabled mother.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thank you

You can seek a civil harassment injunction to stop them.

You need to complete forms N1:

And N16a:

The Court will set the matter down for hearing and decide whether to order they stop the harassment.

If the Court does and they refuse, this could be contempt of Court which may be warned, fined or sent to prison.

The Protection from Harassment Act 1997 says:

1 Prohibition of harassment.

(1)A person must not pursue a course of conduct—

(a)which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b)which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.

[F1(1A)A person must not pursue a course of conduct —

(a)which involves harassment of two or more persons, and

(b)which he knows or ought to know involves harassment of those persons, and

(c)by which he intends to persuade any person (whether or not one of those mentioned above)—

(i)not to do something that he is entitled or required to do, or

(ii)to do something that he is not under any obligation to do.]

That should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thank you for this. I will take a look at this to see if it can help me. People think i m losing the plot because i can only prove what i can see. Infra red has been picked up by my phne camera. I don t know bow to prove that they are some how interfering with our concrete floor. Though i have seen infra red flash thrrough the floor. Today i have home system camara in my room running all night. I will try to capture as mhch as i can. Thank you.

My pleasure

Jamie-Law and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you