Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have a question regarding my Tier 2 Visa that will expires

Hi, I have a question regarding my Tier 2 Visa that will expires on this Saturday. I have a start up visa endorsement from the university but they are not able to provide the letter this week. Is there any way I can stay in the UK until at least next week?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Indonesian. I live in the UK.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also have a marriage plan next year but I haven't register it to the council. Is Spouse Visa also an option?

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Many Thanks.

Hi there,

Applicants gets 14 days grace period provided there is a valid reason for making a late application.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
how can I prove that my situation is valid?
the reason why my university can't provide the endorsement letter is due to miscommunication with me on providing bank statement.

14 days period is grace given for applicant for making a valid application, If the application is made within 14 days time from the expiry of their last leave , then they would not be deemed to be overstayer, however they have to prove the reasons for late application was beyond their control.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is this reason considered valid?
"My university requested for my bank statement before producing the start up visa endorsement letter. Upon my bank statement submission, I was not clearly told that the bank statement is not meeting the criteria and therefore they didn't take any action. Despite informing the condition to me, I only found out the situation on 6th November 2020 and I resubmitted the correct bank statement on the same day.
As there is only 1 week left to my Tier 2 Visa expiry date, the university informed me that they are not able to produce the endorsement letter within 1 week (they need at least 2 weeks to produce the endorsement letter)."

Right now UK is under the second lockdown, borders are closed due to COVID 19 , only for work, medical reasons people are allowed to fly. You can get in touch with the Coronavirus immigration helpline by filling below webform-

https://hsforms.smartcdn.co.uk/webform.html

Before the expiry of your current leave.

So, your current leave would get extended till the current lockdown ends .and it will act as a short-term protection against any adverse action or consequences after your leave has expired.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, I finally received the start up visa endorsement letter and I have submitted my visa application.Can I work while waiting for the decision? If yes, what is the max hours of work I can do?

Hi there,

Yes, you can work while your application is getting decided. You can work equal number of hours you were allowed in your last leave to remain in the UK. Status quo would be maintained till your application is decided.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My last visa was a Tier 2 general. I only can work with my sponsor and part time on the same job code or roles under shortage occupancy list.Can I now work full time and for different job code outside shortage occupancy list?

You can work only on the conditions as granted in your last visa.

If you do have any other questions -kindly open up a new post/question and FAO: Vineet S and I will be happy to help.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.