How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2743
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My husband is in jail in UK. Can I be receiving his pension

Customer Question

My husband is in jail in UK. Can I be receiving his pension as he doesn't receive any?
JA: Has your husband talked to a lawyer about this? What country does your husband live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: He is a British citizen. He told me to check about it
JA: What steps has your husband taken so far?
Customer: He told me he is looking for a lawyer but he hasn't get one
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yap. My child benefit as she is suffering here.
JA: OK. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the £5 fully-refundable payment for a trial membership now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 23 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Expert:  james bruce replied 23 days ago.

I am very sorry to say, that whilst you husband is in prison, his personal pension payments are suspended and he will not receive them. Unfortunately you are not able to receive then instead either.

However, whist he is in prison, then depending on your own personal circumstances, you may be able to claim pension credits yourself or some other benefits. You should make contact with the DWP and see what you may be able to claim under your personal circumstances.

Expert:  james bruce replied 23 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.