12826847

Is it better for ur case to be at crown court or

Customer Question

Is it better for ur case to be at crown court or magistrates
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Southampton
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Money laundering investigation selling counterfeit goods large amount of goods seized Court date given to go to magistrate
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have attached the main letter
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’ve been done for selling counterfeit goods and also putting large amount of cash in my bank
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
They are saying it’s money laundering
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Always elect Crown Court trial wherever possible.

They may well say that their powers are not suitable and commit itanyway but you are much better off in the Crown Court than in the magistrates.Nobody has any respect for the Magistrates Court. It is just degrees ofdisrespect really.

If you are facing this then on no account consent to trial bymagistrates .

The only good thing about trial by magistrates is that theirsentencing powers are capped and they do generally give people lower sentences.Of course, if you are a cynical person, you might think that the reason thatthey do that is to prevent appeals which would shine sunlight upon their unfairand unarguable decisions.

Do you have a solicitor?

Can I clarifyanything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have a solicitor
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Follow their advice.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Do u have any previous cases that have been done for counterfeit this is my first offence would I be getting a jail sentance
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

There are sentencing guidelines which you wil lfind here

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/trade-mark-unauthorised-use-of-etc/

Yes, you could but not likely.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank u
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions.Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”