Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I opened a bank account when I was 16 that I have used since

Customer Question

I opened a bank account when I was 16 that I have used since then and is my only account. The name I used does not have my full surname on it and I do not have any I’d to match the name on the account. I recently tried to change the name on my account to match all my legal documents e.g driving licence and passport but was told I would need to provide a legal document to state that I am the same person. Could you please tell me the document I would need and how to go about getting one
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none at this moment other than going to the bank with my passport, driving license and birth certificate
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I think that’s all
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Hi there,

You would need a statutory Declaration, which has to be sworn or notarised by a Notary or a Solicitor

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you.

For finding a Notary , please click below-

https://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok than you, how much would I expect to pay for this?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

The rates varies, however, a notary would be less expensive.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

You need to contact a few to check their rates.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.