Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I’d like to ask questions regarding claiming my nhs pension

Customer Question

Hi I’d like to ask questions regarding claiming my nhs pension early
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West drayton middlesex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Spoken to pensions advisor and Hmrc
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am in current employment in private health care with an on going pension ans will continue to work there can I take my maximum lump sum from nhs 100% as I was told by nhs pensions advisor with a reduction
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 23 days ago.

Hello, thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time however, I will respond to your question today. I look forward to assisting you.

This will depend on a few factors, firstly, you age. Depending on what your pension plan is you usually cannot access these until the age of 55 at the earliest. Secondly it will also depend on what type of pension you have with the NHS so I would advise speaking to someone at your pension plan provider. However, in terms of taking the 100% lump sum, prior to doing this (if you are allowed) then you should really speak with in IFA (independent financial adviser) if you take out 100% then there will likely be large taxation on this. An IFA will be able to give you advice on what you can do to get the most out of this (e.g. putting it in SIPP fund). However the first thing to do is speak with ythe pensions provider and find out if you pension makes you eligible for this in the first instance.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the future, please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.