12826847

My brother was found guilty mainly because his defence

Customer Question

My brother was found guilty mainly because his defence barrister did not defend him the judge could see that. I’m in the process of complaining about the barrister, but don’t know how to complain about the judge. Who regulates the judges
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

I am sorry but I cannot giveyou good news. I'm afraid you are in difficulty here.

I have to tell you the truth.

You can complain here

https://www.gov.uk/complain-judge-magistrate-tribunal-coroner

however, I have to be honest. You are almostcertainly wasting your time. People are not convicted because barristers don'tdefend them. They are convicted because people think they are guilty . That cansometimes be incorrect but that is not the cause counsel did not defend him. Itis certainly not to do with judicial bias because jurors usually react againstthat.

There are a tranche of cases that comment uponincompetence of council as it is quite a common allegation when people areconvicted and it is almost never sufficient to allow a conviction to be foundunsafe.

Bear in mind that if you receive negative advicethen you would have to pay to bring an appeal .

If you complain without any basis then thereis an action that people can take against you. If you wish to run that riskthen that is a matter for you but I have to warn you of it.

I am sorry but I have to tellyou the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you myopinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion.Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting tolose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even thoughthey have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a goodchance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to everylegal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a countycourt judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard inthe magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”