Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I would like to see my uncle’s will who pasted away

Customer Question

I would like to see my uncle’s will who pasted away September 2019,my sister and I have been told by our older brother he was left every thing and we should keep out of it but we have not seen a will, I do know that the farm was not my uncle’s to leave anyone as it was never in his name as it was in the Dawson name from the 1800’s there was never a will made from my great granny Wray died mid 60’s she was Dawson before married my great grandfather any advice would be most helpful,no death duties were ever paid at any time thanks for your help,kinds regards Noel
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: 84 Bovain house Northern Ireland
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: None as their was never any documents I did a search a few years ago and it was coming up as unclaimed
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes I want to know if my late uncle did make a will ?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
My late uncle’s name is ***** **********Dungannon co,Tyrone N.I
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will continue to wait for your answers to my question kind regards Noel
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 16 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, I appreciate this is important to you so I will endeavour to give you a quick but clear answer. Please note this is not a chat service so responses may not be instantaneous. You should try to obtain a copy of the will, you can search here: https://www.nationalwillregister.co.uk/

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What about the death duties and the inheritance tax on the farm?who pays that as I know neither has been paid,how do I go about finding out about the above? Thanks Noel

Hi thank you for your message, I appreciate this is important to you so I will endeavour to give you a quick but clear answer. Please note this is not a chat service so responses may not be instantaneous. In terms of the death duties and inheritance tax, you would need to contact the relevant department, I suggest you use the probate and inheritance tax helpline available here: 0300(###) ###-####/p>

They may be able to provide you with information though owing to data protection you may struggle to obtain this information without evidence you have a right to act in accordance with the will or the intestacy rules, therefore, my view would be you need to establish if there was a will first.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!