Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

It has to do with reclaiming costs of legal fee, Croydon

Hello. It has to do with reclaiming costs of legal fee
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Croydon County Court
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: The case was ruled in our favour and it was ordered that the claimant will reimburse cost of the application for setting the judgment aside that we had to pay in order to have it processed
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** this

If the Court has ordered that the Claimant pay your costs and they have not, you can take enforcement action.

You can:

1) send in bailiffs

2) transfer to the High Court bailiffs if over £600

3) freeze money in bank account

4) get a charge on property

5) If over £5k, then you can make bankrupt.

For more information please see:

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/enforce-a-judgment

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, yes, one more thing. Two, actually. Now that this case is closed, I would like to make a claim against that person, as he's the one who owes the money to us in the first place (to quickly explain, his claim was based on a lie). 1. Can I put it all in one claim, ie. in the claim about the debt that he owes us, can I add that court fee and make it clear that he had ignored the court order?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
to start that claim, I imagine I should first follow the first steps in the procedure so send him email/letter with a reminder to pay the outstanding invoice and inform him that if he fails to do so, I will start a claim against him? How many days should I give him? Is it 7 or 14? Thank you!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry, are you still there?

Hi thank you for your message, I appreciate this is important to you so I will endeavour to give you a quick but clear answer. Please note this is not a chat service so responses may not be instantaneous. In terms of adding the fact he has ignored the previous case, yes you can bring a claim on this basis. Regarding the procedure, yes it would be the same as before. Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your answer. Can you tell me how many days I have to give him on the first letter? And then do I have to send another one, like a 'last chance to pay' and after that start a claim? I'd be very grateful for your help!

Hi thank you for your message, it is 14 days. You do not need to send a second letter. Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you for your help!

Glad I could help, take care.