How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2717
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I have a account with Revoult on line banking i transfered

Customer Question

I have a account with Revoult on line banking i transfered 300 euro as i thought to my personal bank account but it is gone to another account which is not my mine can you help or how should i go about getting it back
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: nr ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: they only work by apt so i have been continuously been trying to work with them for the las t4/5 weeks i then made contacted the pnsi ni who have called and said my best line to start is with you and if nothing is resolved they will then treat as crime
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just would like to know why this has happened , i have all the apt messages on my mobile also where they sent the money
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
i have been trying to sort this since September I have a revoult account i had £350 in it and i tried to transfer 300 euro of it to my own bank account but it went to another account which i do know nothing about
account name margaret .mc crossan
IBAN *****************232
THIS WHERE THEY say it was sent i know nothing about this account i need help to get my money back
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
i cannot afford to pay £44
Expert:  james bruce replied 20 days ago.

Thank you for that additional information, that will be helpfull in allowing me to advise you today.

If the transfer of money to this other account was made by a bank error, ie they transferred the money to the wrong account, then the bank are at fault and must refund you your money.

However, if the transfer was made by the bank but using information supplied by yourself, then the bank are not legally responsible to refund your money. When I say information support;ied by yourself, I mean if you had supplied or entered and account number incorrectly, even bt mistake. If the fault was not made by the bank then they are not liable and would have only been following through with information entered by you.

However, the bank should try and assist you recover the money. They can contact the account holder who received the money if it is one of their customers, and if not they could contact the bank who's client it is to seek assistance.

However, if all that fails, then you can actually report the matter to the police. Because even though the money may have been transferred to another persons account in error, that person has no legal right to keep the money If they fail to report it to their bank and keep the money, it can be treated as theft. Very much like finding a wallet in the street and keeping it rather than handing it in to the police.

Expert:  james bruce replied 20 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have gone to the police snd they suggested yourselves so I am no forward on
Expert:  james bruce replied 20 days ago.

This site is only for legal advice, we do not carry out the work only advice what can be done. The police are the correct point of contact and you should follow up with them.