Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I booked a advance aesthetic course for myself last year,

Hi, I booked a advance aesthetic course for myself last year, than My son six year old son died, I called the academy to cancel the booking and explained them my situation. As I was very vulnerable as It was only few weeks I was in brievement The Academy offered me a good discount and persuaded me to do the course. After only a year now When my mental state is better I realised they wouldn't have let me do the course as I paid a big amount but due to my situation I basically didnt learn anything. I asked them to retrained me. They said its fine but now I have decided rather take my refund back as they basically were so inconsiderate of my situation and let me be on the training which was very intense. I could have been harm to someone's life. I want to take an legal action on them.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I emailed them asking for my refund.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time however, I will respond to your question today. I look forward to assisting you.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi, so do you think I can take legal action in this case??

This is quite a difficult situation. Technically you were under contract to them however, given the situation, they allowed you to deviate from that contract. The fact that you undertook the training (whether you feel that you learned anything or not) and are now looking for a refund, it would fall to contract law. If this is the case then it is likely that a judge would see that the contract is concluded and therefore there is no claim. You couldn't bring a case on the grounds of discrimination as this can only be done if there is a protected characteristic involved which there is not in this case. Therefore I find it difficult (although I appreciate your situation and understand where you are coming from) to see how you could take legal action I am afraid. However, you can seek a second opinion on this matter if you so wish. Either way I do hope this has helped.

You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the future, please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thankyou

You are welcome, as I said, you can seek a second option via the website I believe.