How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18787
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have been given a credit note refund for a holiday which

Customer Question

I have been given a credit note refund for a holiday which was cancelled and in the terms it states that should I not use it then a refund will be payed September 2021 this seems a long time to wait for my money back
JA: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: purchase was made FEB 2020 to travel AUG 2020 to usa
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've been in contact with the travel firm several times to say I would like a refund and also my bank who basically said if thats the firms t&c there nothing they could do
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

You are entitled to 100% refund.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
hi Jamie thanks for replying could I end up with any expenses if I were to get the county court involved
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

Save for the Court issue fee and hearing fee, no

Does that assist?