How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2396
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

Ellen, I run a small business in Wales. Last month I sent

Customer Question

Hi Ellen,
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I run a small business in Wales. Last month I sent via Fedex two large pallets to Taiwan at an agreed price of £1583.47 and Fedex insisted on having details of a credit card.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had sufficent funds available on the card given to pay this amount but Fedex sent an invoice for £4,977.47. Can I take a court action stopping Fedex removing any funds from my business card untill this matter is resolved.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Wales UK
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 13 days ago.

Hello, thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time however, I will respond to your question today. I look forward to assisting you.

Thank you

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for the information. I am sorry to hear about your circumstance. The simple answer is yes you could but this would not be a very economic way of doing things. Firstly, you will want to speak to FedEx and ask for a reasoning as to why they are not billing you as stated. You can also speak to your bank and state that you do not authorise any deductions from them. However, if it so happens that they take the money from your account then the first thing you want to do is speak to the card provider as they provide protection. However, if you do require to take legal action then you would want to look at a small claims action against them to retrieve the money.

You can complete the forms for a small claims action easily online. You will have to highlight what the issues are and tell them how much you are claiming for, to be honest the first are straight forward and self-explanatory. If you feel you can do this yourself then you don’t really need to hire a solicitor but I will provide details for you in case you feel you want to. You will then receive a response to the claim and a court date. On the day (unless they offer a settlement) you will appear at the local court and basically provide your evidence and give you claim to the judge and they will response. The judge will assess the merits of the claim and defence and make a judgement this should be relatively easy for you to prove so the respondent may well offer a settlement in the meantime.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the future, please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.