SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

My daughter is Swiss and British. She's studying at

Customer Question

My daughter is Swiss and British. She's studying at university in Leeds. She want to come home to Switzerland on the 15th Nov
JA: Has your daughter talked to a lawyer about this? What country does your daughter live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: I am British and Swiss living in Switzerland, I want to drive to Leeds to pick up my daughter on the 14th Nov, who is in university in Leeds. She wants to come home, and I'll drive over to pick her up and we'll take the ferry to go back to Switzerland on the 17th Nov. Can I do this? I'm British and Swiss
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I'm asking if this is a feasible plan in the context of UK Covid restrictions
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My daughter is Swiss and British, studying at university in Leeds. She wants to come home. I propose to drive over to Leeds, spend one hight in an hotel, pick her up the next day and take the ferry to return to Switzerland, Is this feasible given UK Covid restrictions?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am Swiss and British
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please send me your response by email tomorrow if possible. I have an urgent call out-now and must leave. Thank you in advance. Ian Sutherland
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Lea

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma, but unfortunately I do not have good news for you. Switzerland was removed from the travel corridor with the UK on 29th August, which means anyone coming to the UK from Switzerland must self isolate for 14 days on arrival, therefore your plan to arrive on 14th and leave on 17th is not possible.

Your daughter cannot leave the UK except for work or education purposes between 5th November and 2nd December.

The following links are pertinent:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland/coronavirus

https://www.eda.admin.ch/london

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is: 0808(###) ###-####/li>
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.