Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

Thanks .. I have a question and I wonder if u can help me,

Customer Question

Hi Thanks .. I have a question and I wonder if u can help me
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: No .. Have not spoke to any lawyer yet.. My question is that if u r a British Nation and u live away less than 5 years in other country .. R u still a resident of Uk or not ..
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: R u there
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please I need to know the details about the same .. Cos I don’t want to b non resident of my country...
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 14 days ago.

Hello, thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time however, I will respond to your question today. I look forward to assisting you.

Thank you for the question. If you have permanent residency then no this will not expire, even if you have been out of the UK for a long period of time. If you only had a visa then there would have been an expiration date on the visa and you will potentially have to re-apply.