How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2402
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

Thanks .. I have a question and I wonder if u can help me,

Customer Question

Hi Thanks .. I have a question and I wonder if u can help me
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: No .. Have not spoke to any lawyer yet.. My question is that if u r a British Nation and u live away less than 5 years in other country .. R u still a resident of Uk or not ..
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: R u there
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please I need to know the details about the same .. Cos I don’t want to b non resident of my country...
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 14 days ago.

Hello, thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time however, I will respond to your question today. I look forward to assisting you.

Thank you

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for the question. If you have permanent residency then no this will not expire, even if you have been out of the UK for a long period of time. If you only had a visa then there would have been an expiration date on the visa and you will potentially have to re-apply.