james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I was arrested at home during the night because apparently

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i was arrested at home during the night because apparently someone had seen me through my window naked some days before, thing which I dispute anyway. But they forced their way into my accommodation, handcuffed me and arrested me. Took me out in my pijamas. Handcuffed behind the back and really tight handcuffs.6 officers at 2am
JA: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: kept me overnight and released me under investigation. No further news after 2 weeks
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Reading
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thames Valley Police
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

What would you like to know?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
can you see my question?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where is the answer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is this a scam???
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Please can you give me time to.respond

In fact you have been waiting less than 10 mins.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

In any event there is nothing I can do until you give me the information i asked for

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
well, the message says Read your answer but I see no answer so I guess it is bad communication
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
which info did you ask for?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I dont see any request for info either
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hello????
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what information did you ask for? I have explained the situation above
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
where is your answer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
wait for the review and my contact to Trading Standards
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Ok, best of luck with this then.

I won't be able to continue as you won't give me time to respond.

Opting out.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Respond to what? You asked for info without telling me what kind of info you require. How can you be a Barrister?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Sorry, I'm not continuing.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 8 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
carry on please
Expert:  james bruce replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

When you were arrested, and arrived at the custody centre what offence did they arrest you for?

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

Police can use force to gain entry for a number of reasons particularly where they think an offence may be being committed or someone is in danger etc.

You say that police say someone saw you naked in front of your window some days before. If that were the case and when police arrived to your property that should not give then grounds to force entry unless there is more to the matter than explained here.

Even if you were seen through a window naked, that in itself is not an offence. However, if it is done deliberately to cause alarm or distress to neighbours who may see you then it does become an offence of exposure.

I cannot expand further on that without knowing more on the circumstances.

As foreign released by police "under investigation" this means that you have not been charged with any offence and have not been released on police bail. But it does mean that the police may continue any investigations in their own time, without time constraints of police bail getting n the way.

There is no time limit for how long this can or would last. Because there is no bail, the police can take as long as required and if they need to speak to you again, they may ask you to attend the station.