Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I keep receiving threatening letters from Lowell who is a

Customer Question

I keep receiving threatening letters from Lowell who is a debt recovery agent instructed by three to recover a debt I do not owe. They closed the contract early and is now try to bill me for early termination
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Oh dear. I am in London uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have written to THREE on numerous occasions and when I call to speak to them they say they can not discuss it with me
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I still have a contract running with them which they have not terminated
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that i will respond within 24 hours.

I suggest you write directly to Three explaining why you are not liable for the payment in question and they should cease from sending letters chasing the payment. Further notify them if they do not stop doing so you will escalate the matter to ofcom and trading standards.

Both organisations are independent and can consider your complaint.

Please see the link below in respect of the trading standards and Ofcom:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/

I hope i have clarified the position, if not please let me know.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Shalom and thank you for your response. It is not Three that the letters are coming from it is now a debt collector called Lowell. How much jurisdiction do they have over this?

They have standing to pursue you given three has given them authority to do so. Therefore perhaps send your letter to the debt collection agency and warn them of your intention to escalate the matter further if they do not cease such actions.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok. Thank you will do that now. You have been helpful. Enjoy the rest of your day.

You too and i am glad I was able to assist you.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe