Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I have touched one car behind me at the traffic light a

good morning I have touched one car behind me at the traffic light a couple of weeks ago. Nothing really happened but we stopped and the other car driver stated he was ok and both cars did not report any damage at all (I have pics) we exchanged the contact details but not the insurance as I said nothing really happened....I have anyways contacted my insurance and notified them without a claim. However this young boy who's car is not his after a couple of days started to call me and wanted to have my insurance company details. we didn't catch up and now 2 weeks later he wrote me that if I don't give him my insurance name he is threatening he will go report it to the police. what should I do?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: UK no i had not this is why i am talking to you now
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: good morning I have touched one car behind me at the traffic light a couple of weeks ago. Nothing really happened but we stopped and the other car driver stated he was ok and both cars did not report any damage at all (I have pics) we exchanged the contact details but not the insurance as I said nothing really happened....I have anyways contacted my insurance and notified them without a claim. However this young boy who's car is not his after a couple of days started to call me and wanted to have my insurance company details. we didn't catch up and now 2 weeks later he wrote me that if I don't give him my insurance name he is threatening he will go report it to the police. what should I do?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

What was your insurance's response when you reported the incident to them?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
it was not an incident to be honest so nothing really they have said it was good to know it in case the other part would have called them and report or claim anything but seriously there is nothing to claim and I guess this person is just trying to get some money out of it with I don't know personal injuries??
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I cannot call you sorry...
i have just paid five pounds...can you help ?

Given some degree of contact occurred between both vehicles and details were exchanged then this is one you ought to disclose your insurance details to the third party. Your insurers will not just pay out for any claim made because they will investigate the matter and investigations will consist of taking a statement from you and reviewing your pictures.

Do you understand what i have stated so far? if yes i will proceed to the next step.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I do what I don't understand is ...they will need to prove it but essentially if anyone claims basically they will raise my insurance??

It may raise your insurance if your insurance pays out however before your insurer consider this they will investigate it.

I hope i have clarified the position, if not please let me know.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
yep sure. what should I do with him do I have to contact him and ask for his details as well ?

Yes indeed ask for his details and send it to your insurer to deal with.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
thanks

Your welcome and have a good day.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe