How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1693
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I have a question regardin brexit to do with one of our

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hello I have a question regardin brexit to do with one of our employees
JA: Have you discussed this with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I am HR
JA: Is the relevant person an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Does the person belong to a union?
Customer: employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Hi there,

What is your specific question, please?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
our employee has Bulgarian citizenship, residency is Netherlands, employed by our head office in Netherlands BUT is working on an assignment in the UK (coming to UK this week) for an assignment which may last longer than 1 year

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

So, please ignore any phone call request pop-up,they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I just need to know what we need to do so that he is legally ok to work in the UK
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Ideal situation would be to remain employed by Netherlands company, so he does not lose his dutch residency while being able to stay and work in UK legally
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Possibly even get a UK registration number, health insurance etc. whilst being in UK

With this Brexit , from Ist Jan, he would need a visa to enter and work in the UK.

Could you please confirm the dates he would be coming to the UK?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
he is coming to UK this week Friday 13th
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
which Visa will he need are you able to guide me
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
he is coming Friday but could be here for a year maybe longer we are unsure

He should come to the UK on intra company work assignment , while employed with the Dutch company.

Dutch company being his employer, and would be taking care of his salary.

Otherwise he would have to get NI number here first.

He can apply for pre-settled status, under the EU settlement scheme which will be straight forward and easiest option for visa purposes.

Vineet S and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Ok so he should remain employed by our netherlands company but apply for pre settled status. Will this give him entitlement to NHS etc.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
will he need a document from our Netherlands company to say he is on a intra company work assignment

Yes, he will be entitled to use NHS.