james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Just wanted to know if the shops that are staying open using

Just wanted to know if the shops that are staying open using common law are within their rights to do so or if they can be punished/penalised?
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In the UK one is in Bristol
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: Umm they have issued paper to officials trying to close them done and not concerned to things that they have been asked.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They have established they are a man and told them they are trespassing

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If the shops are not on the current legally approved list of shops that may remain open during the current covid19 pandemic lockdown in England, then the authorities can take legal actionnto close them and fine them.

The current corona virus act 2020 legislation would take precedent over any other laws during the current pandemic.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hi James
I have been looking online and law is very confusing so hats off to you for doing this job.
I am not personally in this position but just wanted some clarity on the situation as I know more people are trying to use common law to stay open.
However I am concerned about mandatory vaccinations coming in and where I stand in regards ***** ***** and grandson.

At the moment, it is all up in the air with the vaccinations, exactly when they will be with us and who exactly will receive them first. The government produced a list who should receive them but expect that to be challenged.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Sorry I was just checking online about children being detained if tested positive for covid and again there is confusing and changes to the original statement. As they are now saying a parent/guardian would need to be present and only in rare cases would a child need to be isolated.

Current rule state anyone who tests positive MUST isolate.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I feel very anxious about this whole situation and do not feel safe or that the government have our best interests at heart. There is a lot of contradictions being shared online and even looking for answers from a personal point of view it is still unclear!
Thanks for you help in answering my questions. Sharon

I fully understand, trying to keep on top of government advice is so challenging as it keeps changing.

The best place you can follow along on for up today covid advice is the government site, that is the most accurate place rather than some other sites

.https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.