james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I bought something that was advertised on Facebook using my

Hi, I bought something that was advertised on Facebook using my debit card in August this year, and after multiple emails back and forth, telling me they'll look into it, Ive still not got my purchase, but now not responding. Where do I go from here?
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I'm in the UK, you are the first person I have contacted
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Several emails back and forth to the company
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Am I to get my purchase or a full refund, that's all I ask

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If the person or company has failed to supply your goods or refund your money, then, as you paid with your debit card, you can raise a complaint with your debit card issuer and request a chargeback to the card. They will then get involved, put the amount into dispute and deal with the other party. If the end result is nor successful for some reason, then you next course of action can be a "letter before action"to the other party demanding your money back. I have attached a template that you can use for this. If they still fail to return your money, then you can go online and star a money claim against them at court.

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.