12826847

In 2016 I received a letter from high view parking ltd, when

In 2016 I received a letter from high view parking ltd, when I contested it as I am sure I was not parked on a private area and asked for photo evidence which they said they had. They refused to show me any photo evidence saying they didn’t need to, so I refused to pay it. Now I have a letter from bailiffs threatening court
JA: Where is this? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: it was in worcester , and the charge was for parking in a gala bingo spot , which I wasn’t as gala share the car park and I wasn’t in there area
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no, but if I don’t pay the bailiffs letter says they will recommend to their clients to take it to court
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its probably took this long for me to get a letter as I’ve moved since

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Do they have a CCJ against you ?

have you checked online?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
No, it says I can appeal if it goes to court

Are you asking if you are liable?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I am , I’ve asked for the photo evidence before but they refused
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
At this point , it’s just a threat, but do they have to produce photo evidence?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Are we still here???

Thanksfor the information

If this is just a threat made by the debtcollector then they don't have to provide anything at all. That said, theycannot make you pay without a ccj and they haven't got that.

To do that they would have to issue and thenyou could ask for relevant disclosure.

I'm not sure what the images would showthough? That might be a question for another day.

I wouldn't get involved in negotiating withdebt collectors though. They have no real power.

Until they take you to court and get judgementagainst you, this is nothing to worry about

Can I clarifyanything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
That is fine, thank you for your help

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions.Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”