Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My son had a very old boiler and it worked fine even though

My son had a very old boiler and it worked fine even though it was installed in 1981. He asked a newly set up gas engineer to service the boiler I was there to let him in. He insisted it was too old and capped off the supply to the boiler. The gas fire in front of the boiler still works. My son now has no central heating and no hot water At the moment he cannot afford a new boiler.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Amlwch Anglesey North Wales LL68 9EA
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None that I know of. Although another local plumber said it was ok, but did not service it at the time
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son doesn't know I'm making this enquiry

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

What you need to do is get another Gas Safe Engineer out asap

If they feel that it is safe, then they can uncap it.

But only a Gas Safe engineer can do this for you

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty, to be honest

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.