james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Hunter Wellington boots. After 6 weeks of endless email

Hunter Wellington boots. After 6 weeks of endless email communication to various customer service operators at***@******.***, they claim that their wellingtons are not guaranteed. however i read and have been advised by a previous customer service operator that the boots have a 24 month guarantee. the boots in question which have perished are only 6 months old. what action can i take. john trotter
JA: Has the Hunter talked to a lawyer about this? What country does the Hunter live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: Hunter is a wellington boot retailer with a registered company office in edinburgh Scotland
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have had a series of correspondence with various customer service people some who apologise for the delay in replying. they have asked twice for pictures of the faulty boots which have been sent. however my most recent message back advises me that their wellington boots are not under guarantee which is a blatant lie
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no except i am more determined to make hunter meet their obligations

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Having checked this company, they do promote on their web site;

"We take great pride in our work and most products which are purchased from Hunter are covered by a twenty-four (24) month warranty. This warranty is available on Hunter products purchased through our website www.hunterboots.com, our retail stores and any of our authorised stockists". "We offer the warranty on all wellington boots, footwear, bags, clothing and a variety of accessories".

If they are new refusing to stick to their promise and undertaking as is clearly advertised, then I would suggest you contact Trading Standards for Scotland who can deal with this matter.https://www.tsscot.co.uk

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
thank you i will contact trading standards and see if they react. however it my require a lawyers letter to hunter boots to show that i am not accepting a brush off