How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2749
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I reported a crime and I was called in to make a statement

This answer was rated:

I reported a crime and I was called in to make a statement the officer was bizzare. He was screaming and shouting and slamming the table for me to sign the things I had reported. In addition to this he was making rude facial expressions. Belittling me...and being unsupportive. He was disagreeing with me and taking my words and rephrasing them then he agrees. When I left I did not feel like I had been supported at all. He branded me the wrong one instead. A criminal but I have gone there to report something. Is there any basis in this... As when the events took place I was quiet and not antagonising the perpetrators. Everyone else seems to sing their praises and how they manage to make things better. Since going to see make the complaint I feel confused, awful and as if it was a pointless excersise. I feel very dehumanised. So really after having made the statement, I was to get home and phone the police and report that one of them is being very cruel and unkind... what shall I do...

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If you feel you have been mistreated by the officer who took your statement with the way he behaved, you can lodge an official complaint with the chief constables office of the police force concerned. If you fail to receive a satisfactory reply, you can then escalate the complaint to the independent office of police conduct.

From your account you should not have been treated the way.

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.