How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1652
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

Decree absolute issued found out ex husband has sold house

This answer was rated:

Decree absolute issued found out ex husband has sold house subject to contract. How do I stop or find out if he has as we haven't had first financial hearing yet. Was adjourned as he didn't send me court papers
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: none found out today
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: waiting for court hearing date
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Kent have case number ***** first adjourned hearing can't get through to court

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Hi there,

You can apply for injunction under section 37 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973.

Section 37 covers not just preventing that person from being granted financial relief for themselves or for the benefit of any child, but also reducing the amount of any such financial relief, and even frustrating or impeding the enforcement of any financial order.

So if you think that the other party is about to enter into a transaction intended to defeat your financial claim, or that they have already done so, you may apply to the court for an order under section 37 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973

Vineet S and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.

How do I do that?

Hi there,

Please click below for the form you need to fill for an injunction under section 37 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973.

I would suggest taking assistance of a solicitor in making that application.

you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law.