JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

FAO:. Finishing the case in the court with Tomlin Order

FAO: Jim.
Finishing the case in the court with Tomlin Order
--------------------Hi Jim,
We have done all in regards ***** ***** tomlin order.
Now they sent me an email as attached.
Question is - why do they ask me to call the defendant.
How to proceed to close the case ?
Thanks!

Hi, this is Jim, thank you for the question - I will do my best to resolve this quickly for you.

If you notice they have emailed the court to ask the court to contact the defendant for payment for the tomlin order fee. The defendant has to pay the fee, so perhaps send him an email to remind him to do this as soon as possible. Once he does then the tomlin order will be approved by the court and the claim is then stayed. It can be re-opened if he does not comply with the terms in the tomlin order.

I hope this helps and answers the question which is easy to understand - please feel free to ask me anything else. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Thanks for using our services and have a good day,
Jim

Hi, I’m just checking to see if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or address anything else for you.

Many thanks,
Jim

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thanks Jim,
all sorted! The defendant paid for the final fees. So i understand we will now wait for the Judge response.
Have a great day!

Thanks, that's good news! And you too

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Jim, the tomlin order was accepted by the judge and it was fulfilled by both parties.
We have received a letter with the schedule as attached
Could you please tell me if i need to let the judge know that all is done and the deal is closed?
Thanks!
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
attachments

Hi there, yes, that's it - the judge has approved the order and the case is now finished.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks Jim,
all the best!

And you too, many thanks