Mina Counsel
Mina Counsel, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister
109424057

I've just been issued a Decree Absolute without agreeing a

HI. I've just been issued a Decree Absolute without agreeing a financial settlement. Is this allowed?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yes. We were at Decree Nisi for about 2 years whilst trying to sort out the money
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: UK
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope

Hello, welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am a London based practising barrister with over 15 years experience. I am happy to assist you today. I may need to ask you some questions in order to determine your legal position and I will provide you with an email advice on the same day. Thank you.

There will be an automatic generated phone call offer should you wish to speak to me directly for a fixed fee with no time limit.

(Please note this is NOT always an instant chat service therefore I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. / within 24 hours if it's outside office hours.)

Yes, financial agreement / settlement is a separate proceedings from the actual divorce itself, it is very rare that the two would be resolved together at the same time.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
what are the implications to this position? We jointly own a house and have a young son

It was nice speaking to you. I hope you could resolve the dispute soon by following my advice.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.