SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I want to find out if my brothers wife’s solicitor are

I want to find out if my brothers wife’s solicitor are guilty of conflict of interest
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: My brother is going through a bad divorce, he had an operation for colon cancer & had to leave his home as his wife was assaulting him.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: He had to flee his property in September 2018. His wife was found quiilty of assault in the Magistrates court & appealed that Decision & lost her appeal in the crown court. She is a registered child minder, she is a chronic alcoholic but still continues to look after children.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: In October 2018 my brother started divorce proceedings against her.

Hi, I'm Lea

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. What is the conflict of interest issue?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is: 0808(###) ###-####/li>
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My Brother had an operation for colon cancer in July 2018, & has been having treatment every month since then.his wife is a registered child minder. She is also a violent alcoholic. He fled his home initially after she assaulted him in front of the children aug 2018. She assaulted hi. Again in December 2018, 3 days before he had to have a further surgery.
My brother has been staying with friend's family abroad & hotels his is currently in the marital home as he has run out of places to stay & the current COVID rules.
My brother started divorce proceedings in Oct 2018. His wife went to a solicitor fairly near us in Enfield, she was
with these solicitors for only a few months. She then went to a solicitor in Leeds ( we live in London. My brother found it strange as a judge on a hearing remarked about it. Her solicitors have hounded my brother, over how much money he has accused hi. Of money laundering, asking for updates on his health from consultants ( he has already given them 3 reports. Her solicitor stated in court that they needed to know how long he was excepted to live, the Judge apologised to my brother that he was sorry ‘ that he had to hear that, & to,d her solicitors they were on thin ice.
When my brother moved back into his house he spoke with a couple who had previously sent their children to his wife’s child minding business. They informed my brother in confidence that his wife’s solicitor was the daughter of children who were going to her child mind school for 5 years. The solicitor have torn my brother to shreds & it as has greatly effected his health.
Basically his wife is using a solicitor in Leeds, this solicitor has his 2 grandchildren attending at her child minding business.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I do not want to charged for a phone call
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi waiting a response.

I can't see anything in what you wrote being a conflict of interest for the solicitor.

A conflict might arise where the solicitors she is using had previously been consulted by the husband, but their relationship with their client is a matter for them to assess whether there is an issue. They have concluded there isn't (and I can't see that it raises any issue of a conflict of interest).

I am sorry that the solicitor is acting so aggressively towards your brother, but unfortunately this is how some solicitors behave (poorly in my consideration), but it is for the judge to point out to them when they are overstepping the mark (as has clearly been done)...your brother isn't their client, so doesn't have a formal method of complaining about them, but he could raise the issue with the Law Society.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am perplexed, My Brothers wife is using solicitors who have a vested interest, his grandchildren attend his wife’s child minding facility. They did not want her to to have to stop her child minding buisness they know that she is an aggressive alcoholic charged with assaulted ( they represented her in court) do not seem to be worried about it. Who should he approach The Law Society?

The solicitors are not in charge of the child minding and the use of the facility does not create a 'vested interest'. If this woman is an aggressive drunk alcoholic, she'd probably be deemed to be a risk to small children and should be deregistered. Childminders have to be registered with Ofsted - if you have concerns, report her.

How to complain: https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/public/for-public-visitors/using-a-solicitor/complain-about-a-solicitor

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I do not want to be charged for a phone call I never had.

Please see my original numbered post on how to deal with the automated phone call offers.