Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.
1. The first thing you need to realise is that there is nothing to prevent your house insurance provider from increasing the price for renewal of your house insurance this year, even if you have a claim outstanding. There is no rule of law which prevents this from happening. Secondly, I would suggest you get a Loss Adjuster to help you with your subsidence claim for the small porch, if you need a specialist to help you. The Loss Adjuster will have wide experience in dealing with claims and will help smooth the path towards a satisfactory resolution of the claim you have made. It will avoid you dealing with the intimidating people you have met in making the claim.
2. You should shop around for your house insurance, as there is no obligation to remain with this insurance provider, if they are charging you too much. Secondly, it is a private loss adjuster than you look for who deals with both public and private insurance. In practice, most offer to handle all types of claim, so speak with the loss adjuster before you hire them to see if they agree to handle your claim.
3. Trading standards have no role in setting prices for insurance. Essentially, a free market operates and if you are not happy with the price of house insurance, you should take your business elsewhere.
4. Then you should speak with the accounts manager and find out how much it is. If you are not happy, then take your business elsewhere.
5. You should go to a different insurance provider and seek insurance there. If there is going to be no call back, then you should purchase house insurance elsewhere.
6. Glad to be of assistance. Have a good day.