F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have a query about building insurance. Some render on my

I have a query about building insurance. Some render on my daughters house feel off and exposed a very rusting beam supporting the first floor wall. She contacted the insurance company and she was told immediately that she was not covered. I told her to phone again and ask for there manager and they responded my sending out a lose adjuster, on his visit he said that it was due to the deteriation due to the age of the property and she was not covered, the render had blown above this area, my argument is how are you suppose to know this. There have lived there for 3 years.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Tadworth Surrey
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only contacted the insurance company and I myself had a look at it by removing some more render and advise she contact the insurance company
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need some time to consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I have not forgotten your question.

what is she trying to get the insurance to pay for?

what does her buildings cover actually cover?

who is the insurer?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The replacement of the beam.
Not covered for wear and tear or gradual deterioration.
Not sure of insurer have to check with my daughter