james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My partner just left the house with our 8 weeks old child,

Hello there
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My partner just left the house with our 8 weeks old child , without my agreement. We are not marry . She went to her sister house who has been tested positive covid 19 , 3 weeks ago. I am worried about my children integrity and well-being She is allowed to do that?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No, the incident just happened
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Are you a virtual assistant?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please connect me to a lawyer

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Your partner does not require your permission to go outside with or without her baby. Demanding your permission is classed as coercive and controlling behaviour and is a criminal offence.

I do fully understand your concern for their safety, but, the sister who tested positive was 3 weeks ago, so the isolation period would now be over. Also if the sister is in the same support bubble as you partner, then the law allows where a household with one adult joins with another household. Households in that support bubble can still visit each other, stay overnight in each other’s households, and visit outdoor public places together.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
She is not visiting her sister. She decided to take te baby away from me , to live to her sister house

There is nothing in law stopping her leaving you with her child if she feels she needs to.

You cannot make her or force her to stay with you.

If you are the biological father and name don birth certificate you do have legal rights to the child. Parental rights, access etc. If she is denying you access, then you need to challenge this at the family court.

I would advice seeking a family law solicitor to instruct to deal with matters for you. Legal aid may be available.

It may be helpful to instruct a local solicitor who specialises in this area of law. You can find a local firm using the Law Society website. www.lawsociety.org.uk

Once on that website, you can click on the find a solicitor option located just above the Law Society logo. Select quick search, then select the area of law required and enter your post code. A list of local firms will then be displayed.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am the biological father and name don birth certificate. Soo she can what ever she wants with the baby , whenever she wants, am i right?

No, not at all, but she does have the legal right to leave you and take the baby with her if she so wishes.

Your course of action would be via the family courts.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What is the best thing that i should do?

As I have explained above, you need to instruct a family law solicitor to take on your representation.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your help

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.