How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2688
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I registered and have the death certificate of my sisters

This answer was rated:

I registered and have the death certificate of my sisters deceased partner, t. There is no will, I have been unable to trace his blood relatives .1 Can I legally cremate him ? Who can I go to for help
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Tottenham north London, he lived with my sister the flat is in her name
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: only her house bills n her name
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The main problem is how I go forward

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello I am Kay... I am not very good at computers

As discussed, there are companies online who may help with a people search.

Your sister is not liable for the personal debts of her partner and if he had no money or assets when he died then the debts basically die with him.

As he had no will, he has died intestate, therefore letters of administration would be required of the bank etc.