12826847

Jo, after a police investigation lasting nearly 4 years I

Hi Jo ,
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: after a police investigation lasting nearly 4 years I have been informed verbally by OIC of the case that I am to be charged with conspiracy to steal . are there any time limits now as to how long they have to issue a postal requisition ?
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the theft charges?
Customer: none at all . I am I. The UK btw
JA: Where did the theft occur?
Customer: It was a British transport police case on railway sleeper theft at several lo ations
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes please , the procedural law has been very lax as I was arrested on summons pre-2017 changes to bail

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

I am sorry but that is an either way offence so there are no time limitations. Very few offences do have time limits in the UK. It is only summary only offences.

On the upside, you can elect crown court trial

Do you have a solicitor?

What is the conspiracy ?

Can I clarifyanything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks Jo

Welcome.

Do you have a solicitor?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I was arrested on warrant prior to bail law amendments on 4/417 and was just released without any paperwork . It seems as though the new RUI rules were applied in which I can now receive a postal requisition action nearly 4 years . It seems wrong to me .
What is your opinion on that Jo?

Oh that is perfectly lawful.

That reflects changing practices and the amendments to the bail a ct.

Do you have a solicitor?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is that even applicable to offences committed before the changes in April 2017?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have a solicitor Robert Berg of Janes solicitors London . But I can’t really interact as I haven’t been charged yet only informed verbally by the police
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
37A PACE should have been applied at the time surely ?

Yes, they were free to use the RUI provisions.

Come what may, this is an either way offence so there are no time limits.

Delay does offend against the HRA and indeed the magna carta but it has been recognised by a reduction in sentence rather than a saying of the case.

They were free to use S37 but the failure takes you nowhere.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you Jo

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions.Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
they were within their rights just to release without charge or paperwork and just turn up out of the blue to say that they are going to charge me ? Is that correct ? Thanks

Yes, that is right.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for your advice tonight Jo

Welcome.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”