How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19534
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

A few years ago i had dealings with First Utility Energy I

This answer was rated:

hi A few years ago i had dealings with First Utility Energy I left the after a year because my bill went up so much i could not afford it I ended up paying £30 a week I signed on with Green Star it was bliss for 3 years then another company joined them and i knew something was different I could not get on my account The emails i sent in was being diverted and they did not tell me of the change to the company I found out by Wikipedia Green Star had joined Shell energy, they was still not giving me information regard my account i was still paying my DD untill Feb 2020 when asked for my Final bill be cause l could not pay the weekly of £35, amount the final bill was Over £500 they just wanted all my pension I have been fighting this a long time via the Ombusman And my last resort was a letter and lots of evidace to the head office at Milton Keys which I thou it was the end, my story Has been on going since August 2019 to tell all you would be reading it for ever so i will get to my point CAN YOU HELP ME Thank you Sylvia Gregory
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: I think i have this wrong is there a phone number for you
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: They have done apart lie to me and bullied me into paying and telling to get a solictor
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: there is lots of thing

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 it says:

49 Service to be performed with reasonable care and skill

(1)Every contract to supply a service is to be treated as including a term that the trader must perform the service with reasonable care and skill.

(2)See section 54 for a consumer’s rights if the trader is in breach of a term that this section requires to be treated as included in a contract.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19534
Experience: Solicitor
Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HI Jamie sorry for the lapse I need to try and delay this for a while if poss because I am not well I was in hospital last week having another blood transfusion and I have to go in a few days for investergation I am not a sick old lady but if i don't get this seen to i will be I just have Anaemia the other point I need to tell you is I never wanted any money from these people I just need to have the £500 final bill retracted because it is an overcharge I never missed a payment in all the time I was with them and since September 2019 they have worked all over me I keep repeating WE TOLD YOU IN OCTOBER 2019 if that was true I would have left that energy supplier right away. I don't know if you can deal with this but I hope you can there is a lot of untruths on their part and i know i cant let it go,
Once again Thank you for your help Sylvia gregory

You can issue proceedings Sylvia. That should resolve it for you. I hope that helps.