12826847

Just a quick one it is a traffic offence question ,if

Hello, Just a quick one it is a traffic offence question ,if someone were to be stopped and gave wrong details (name, address” for no insurance but has received letter but wish to accept conditional offer in real name? How would they go about that (due to the head ache of it all and no longer wishing to waste court/polices time) what would be the ideal way to go about this
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, where is this? And when did this happen?
Customer: November 2020 few weeks ago and london
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello Jo thank you very much would love to hear your response

Thanksfor the information

I'm afraid it isn't that simple.

The difficulty is firstly that giving falsedetails is obstructing a police officer or indeed perverting the course ofjustice and then I'm afraid the option of a fixed penalty is long gone infavour of a year in custody.

I am not sure what to advise as they willalmost certainly catch up with you.

If they don't catch up with you then at leastyou have avoided the greater risk.

If you do want to bring this to your attentionthen you can do so by attending any police station but you need to be aware ofthe risk

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Although my address is correct and only a false name and DOB was given? Also in your professional opinion if I go to the station /contact them directly would that work in my favour instead of ignoring and hoping for the best

That is perverting.

If you are lucky it is obstructing.

It is difficult to say really.

Obviously if you are going to be caught anyway then it would ahve been better to hand yourself in.

If you are not then it would not.

The real solution is not to give false names to the police but that doesn;t help now.

You have to take a risk management deicion

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry to keep you, one last question if you know the answer to it is if I were to fill out the back off the letter pay fine and surrender my license as my real self of course what would then happen? A warrant for arrest? More letters? Would points just be added on?

So have you had a letter from them?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have received a conditional offer letter which of course does not have my real FIRST name the only thing I lied about was my DOB and first name
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don’t want to do nothing and stuck in a bit of a pickle which I can only blame my self for of course

how bad was the lie?

Is it just a misspelling?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
First name and DOB only
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Last name and address is still the same

But what name did you give and what is the real name?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
For example false details I gave were : Kerry Walker DOB: 01/02/1993 and I live at BOW LANE my real details are ***** *****, DOB: 03/06/1992 and I live at BOW LANE
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The only details that would be incorrect on the letter would be DOB and first name

I suppose that what you could do is this; accept it and enclose a covering letter to the effect that there has been a miscommunication over your first name, it was you on the night and your name is X.

That is truthful and also might be accepted without question. But obviously only tell the truth.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay thank you so much, any advice on what to specifically include in the letter I’m just trying to be extra careful here as I never had an bad intent behind this and will take any points thrown at me

Just what I said.

Would like to accept it but your name is wrong.

Then you haven't commented on how it came about.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”