james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Isn't it a breach of contract to change the age when pension

Isn't it a breach of contract to change the age when pension plans are paid in the uk?
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not discussed
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: This question is more general and applies to anyone who first paid National Insurance some 50 years ago and was ASSURED that they would receive a pension when they were 60 (woman) 65 (men). Isn't this a BREACH OF CONTRACT?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

A very interesting argument and one I am sure many would wish were correct.

Unfortunately, legislation has allowed for retirement ages to be reviewed and increased if required by the government and therefore no breach of contract. NI contributions also cover other things as well as pensions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.