How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71382
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I put in a written grievance against my colleagues including

This answer was rated:

Hi there, I put in a written grievance against my colleagues including my manager. The hr person who is going to investigate it is good mate with my manager. Should I ask neutral person from HR to investigate it?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No one. I have discussed my grievance with hr person who is a good friend with my manager
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Full time permanent employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s all for now

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What is the grievance about?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Intimidation and bullying orchestrated by senior manager.

Thank you. How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
With this employer for 3/4 years
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I live in London, United Kingdom

Thank you very much for clarifying. If you believe there is a genuine risk of bias, you can indeed ask for someone else to look into the grievance and investigate it. There are no hard and fast rules about this though – people with a connection to the complaint and still investigate it as long as they act in a fair and transparent manner. So the first thing you need to do is raise your concerns and see if it is possible to have someone else take this on. If the request is rejected by the employer, you should carefully monitor the investigation and its outcome to look for signs of potential bias or unfairness and challenge them accordingly once they potentially become evident.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Ben Jones and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for the advice
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Much appreciated

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. All the best