How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2220
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

Why would my solicitor say in such a way Let me know when

This answer was rated:

why would my solicitor say in such a way Let me know when you want me ti unappoint myself, she is on a cfa

Hello, this isCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

I have been a legal expert on the site for several years and my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. Your satisfaction is my top priority! Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an lawyer-client relationship and it is always in your best interest to retain legal counsel, if you have a current legal matter, that you need help with.

Please allow me a few moments to reply with my initial answer. I am here but need time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Thank you for your enquiry and your patience.

Sorry to hear of the experience you have had with the Solicitor .

My interpretation of what was said, is that your solicitor is simply be saying that if you do not wish for them to continue to represent you, you should let them know. If you are unhappy with the work that the solicitor is currently doing, you may want to consider making a formal complaint to the solicitor or the firms complaints department. All law firms are required to have a complaints resolution department. In the complaint you may highlight your coNcerns and give the firm an opportunity to address it. If after raising the complaint nothing is done or you feel the solicitor is not properly representing your interest you may want to consider escalating your complaint externally to the legal ombudsman. Here are their details:

Can I clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi I have done all of the above and I am not happy with her reply. The ombudsman have said it will be 6-8 mth before I am given a case manager and I am only 4 mth into that. It's a PI claim , I have actually gone to the police to report my solicitor to the fraud team. If I let them know I don't want them to represent me does this mean I unappointed them

Yes. The solicitor may ask you to put this in writing

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
this solicitor is tricking me then. When I raised the internal complaint in Feb she replied with when I reply I will be unappointing myself, she replied in June 4 mth later and shes still appointed now and refuses to do any work

You simply need to write the solicitor and say you no longer wish for them to work for you and that you will like to collect your files. You may ask to collect your documents that they have

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I've been advised of I unappoint the solicitor in my no win no fee, I will still have to pay her for her. But If she unappoints herself she can only claim her fees and nothing from my compensation.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have been advised she can refuse to hand over my files. Although they are all my originals I gave her she's done nothing for me but make contact to appoint herself..and arrange an expert Dr that cost me £5,700.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have all my original documents in a Dropbox and I have contacted the supreme court and I have have copies of what she's filed
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
She's filed the expert report and this expert report is unsigned or dated is this normal...she filed it in the court and with the defendant before she even showed me it. She received it in July 2019 and sat with me to discuss part of it in Jan 2020
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
There is something not right here
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The solicitor is on a no win no fee...and she said she is claiming all her fees from me

Whether she is able to claim any fees will be governed by the initial fee arrangement agreement you signed. Go back to that document, it will tell you what she can and cannot charge you for. As to your medical report, you are entitled to being given those documents.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
We truly believe that the expert medico legal report is not from the Dr it contains over 200 factual errors
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The solicitor will not go back to the expert
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Why would a solicitor take 6 mth to finally discuss and expert medico legal report

Please put your request in Writing. If the solicitor fails to return it, you may bring this to the attention of the ombudsman as well. I really cannot speak to why the solicitor may have delayed in actioning your case unfortunately.

Thank you for speaking with me tonight. Happy I was able to help. I will be stepping away now for the night. All the best.

ReadyLaw and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have been left with a non curable disease from the car crash.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi is there anyone else this evening that can help
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
hi is anybody there

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry.

I am sorry to hear what has transpired with respect to the accident. Have a look at the guidance I have given you above. If you are unhappy with your current solicitor you may very well have to instruct another solicitor. Your new solicitor will be able to request all the salient information on your behalf.

Have a great day.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I can't find another solicitor that can help me in Gibraltar
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How many solicitors are available on this forum

I was not aware you were in Gibraltar. Here is the number for the law society there. Give them a call, they should be able to give you some ideas of practicing Solicitors who specializes in this area there.

I do not know how many solicitors are on this forum.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How many solicitors are on just ask
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My solicitor is regulated by the SRA UK...her firm in Gibraltar is not regulated by the SRA. I live in Spain the accident happened in Gibraltar.

Please have a look at my above comments. Thank you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

I have already told you that I do not know how many solicitors are on the site. Please review all the answers I have given you carefully.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you sorry I was talking to a plumber on here also and he's solved my problem.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have gone to the police in the UK and gibraltar I was advised my solicitor was blackmailing me.

Please have a look at the links I have sent you as well as the guidance given above. These are practical steps you will have to take in the matter. You will have to await the outcome of any investigation that is being done. In the meantime, as stated earlier you will have to instruct a new solicitor. All the best.