How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1682
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I have a question about amended divorce petition., I have

This answer was rated:

I have a question about amended divorce petition. My name is***** good morning
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have sent first application on the grounds of 2 years separation in 2015.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Uxbridge court Then court told me to reapply on grounds of unreasonable behaviour in 2017., he did not sign it uther We have agreed both now to do what ever it takes to get divorce.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What next steps

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
thank you . Can we chat now

Hi there,

You have to file a new divorce petition on the basis of unreasonable behaviour. You have to list examples of unreasonable behaviour of your spouse in the divorce petition. Try to give at least 3 to 6 examples.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have done that as well, he did not sign

To rely on this, the party starting proceedings must satisfy the court that the other party to the marriage “has behaved in such a way” that they “cannot reasonably be expected to live with them”.

Your spouse can contest the divorce on this basis if he does not agree with the allegations.

it is advisable to stick to mild reasons, like your partner being moody or argumentative, inappropriate relationship (not adultery) with another person, or a lack of intimacy. Spending too much time working rather than with the family is one of the most common example of unreasonable behaviour

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If you have any follow-up question, please let me know

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Will I get charged for the phone call???

You will not be charged if no one calls.

I am not available at the moment for a phone call but other experts are free to contact you. as the call request is open to all experts. If you would like to cancel the call and the charge, please contact Just Answer`s Customers team , by clicking the below weblink-

or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/em>

Vineet S and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
First application on grounds 2 year separation in 2015, then court and second application in 2017 on grounds of unreasonable behaviour ( as per court) , which he did not respond.
Now we both agree to do what ever it takes. What are the next steps please

If the other spouse is not agreeing to the unreasonable behaviour allegations then he/she can contest it.

And court would hear argument from both sides . And then decide on if to grant divorce on those grounds or not.